It’s the beginning of the year, a time when many technologists are considering which new skills and programming languages to find out. As you work out the simplest ways to expand your skillset, it’s worth watching which programming languages enjoyed the very best demand from employers over the past 60 days; which may help influence your decision-making.
Each programing language is meant for a selected purpose and has its relative merits and demerits. Also, the solution to the foremost useful programing language to find out is subjective and depends on your familiarity with coding. Irrespective, the subsequent 3 parameters are essential to narrow a language a choice.
- Job Opportunities within the chosen language.
- The popularity of the chosen programing language should get on an uptick.
- Your Career / Life Goals.
Most Popular Programming Languages, by Job Posting, Jan 2021
Language Job Posting
I will try to give you some clarity by giving some brief for some of the above-mentioned Programming Languages 🙂
SQL (structured query language) is important to database work (and backend programming); it had been designed for managing and querying relational databases, which were invented within the 1970s and popularized by Oracle. In recent years, companies in even the oldest-school industries have recognized the facility of organizing and analyzing data, resulting in an increasing need for technologists who can build and maintain databases—hence the necessity for SQL skills.
Created: SQL was developed at IBM by Donald D. Chamberlin and Raymond F. Boyce. This language was made available publicly in 1979.
- Powerful command language
- Optimized for giant numbers of table rows
- Fast for searching and querying knowledge
- High availability and consistency of knowledge
- Fast for retrieving data from multiple tables
- Difficult to convert data from Objects into database tables
- It can only run on the only server, so increasing speed means upgrading hardware.
- As SQL databases run on one server so just in case if the server pack up, then the database should not be accessed
- Usage applications: utilized in Any Database
Salary: the typical salary earned by SQL Developer is $84,792 per annum within the US.
Learning Difficulty: Easy
Java benefits from years’ worth of heavy corporate usage. As companies roll out more and more products that utilize Java, they need to still hire developers skilled within the language so as to iterate and repair those products. Java is additionally ubiquitous in multiple contexts, including the online and mobile, so it’s not departure anytime soon (despite Google’s recent push to possess more developers to embrace Kotlin, which is positioned as something of a “Java killer”).
Created: James Gosling primarily designed Java at Sun Microsystems within the year 1996
- Object-Oriented language
- Java offers APIs for various activities like Database connection, networking, XML parsing, utilities, etc.
- Powerful open-source Rapid Development tools
- It is one of the simplest programming languages to find out that has a sizable amount of open source libraries
- Memory management in Java is sort of expensive
- The absence of templates can limit you to make high-quality data structures.
- Usage/Application: Java mostly used for developing Android apps, web apps, and large data.
Salary: a mean salary for any Java developer in United State is $101,013 per annum.
Learning difficulty: Learning Java is straightforward and easy.
Python recently named the highest programing language of 2020 by the TIOBE Index, which tracks the relative popularity of programming languages. Python’s increasing use as a specialty language makes it well worth studying; start your journey by heading over to Python.org, which offers a handy beginner’s guide. If you’re more of a visible learner, Microsoft also features a video series, “Python for Beginners,” with dozens of lessons (most under five minutes in length; none longer than 13 minutes). And confine mind all the extensions and frameworks that make programming in Python that much easier.
Created: Python language developed by Guido van Rossum. it had been first released in 1991.
- It is one among the simplest programing language to find out which supports multiple systems and platforms
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOPs) driven.
- Helps to enhance Programmer’s Productivity
- It is one among the simplest coding language to find out that permits you to scale even the foremost complex applications with ease
- Extensive Support Libraries
- Note ideal for Mobile Computing
- Python’s database access layer is a bit underdeveloped and primitive.
- Usage/Application: Web and Internet Development, Scientific and Numeric applications, Desktop GUIs, Business applications. it’s widely utilized in AI and Machine Learning space.
Salary: a mean salary for any Python developer in United State is $114,383 per annum.
Learning Difficulty: Easy
- It is one among the simplest programing language to find out which may work smoothly with other languages and may be utilized in an enormous sort of applications.
Learning Difficulty: Easy.
Year Created: C# is a programming language. It is the first version released in 2001.
- C# uses almost similar syntax which follows by C so it easy to know for those that know C language
- It is one among the simplest coding language to find out that has Easy Integration with Windows
- Fully integrated with the .NET library which provides access to a repository of functionality and support.
- Safer than its namesakes (C/++) as pointer types aren’t permitted
- It allows pointers in ‘unsafe’ blocks
- Usage applications: Widely utilized in Enterprise Cross-Applications Development, Web Applications
Salary: The average salary for a C# developer ranges from $66,493 per annum to $101,775 per annum.
Learning Difficulty: Hard.
Created: C++ may be a programing language that was developed by Bjarne Stroustrup in 1983.
- It is a well-liked language, and thus, there are many compilers and libraries
- Other programming languages like C, C#, and Java have very similar syntax to C++, make it easy to find out for everybody who knows C++.
- It is one among the favored coding languages which has no garbage man running within the background.
- The syntax is complex, and therefore the standard library is little , making this language very difficult to find out for the beginner programmer.
- C++ program can’t support garbage pickup or Dynamic Memory Allocation
- The object orientation system in C++ is unnecessarily basic compared to other languages.
- Usage applications: C++ is widely utilized in Game Development, Advance Computations, and Graphics Compilers
Salary: The average salary of C++ developers within the US is $113,865 per annum.
Learning Difficulty: Hard.
Year Created: Rasmus Lerdorf created PHP in 1994
- Running with PHP is straightforward
- Functional and Object-Oriented Programming
- It is one among the highest programming languages that has Large Open Source Software Community
- It is one among the simplest coding languages which has reasonably good system of automation tools available for testing and deploying
- Error handling facility is poor as PHP lacks debugging tool
- PHP isn’t secure because it is one among the open source languages
- Developing an internet site with PHP Web Development is slower than other programming languages.
- Usage applications: Web Applications, Content Management Systems, eCommerce Applications
Salary: The average salary for a PHP Developer within the US is $84,727 per annum
Learning Difficulty: Easy.
No matter what language you’re thinking of learning, keep one thing in mind: Employers will want to ascertain samples of your coding proficiency. It’s always an honest idea to take care of a portfolio of projects and code samples in order that a hiring manager can learn what you’re capable of doing. Even an easy website or game can make all the difference as you’re trying to form yourself stand call at the applicant pool. All the Best ?.